Saturday, July 25, 2009

Meet the team - SACHIN PALASPAGAR

Hi, I’m Sachin Palaspagar from Akola and I work on the outreach program run by Saheli – Pune’s sex worker collective, and now, I work as a campaign coordinator on the Take10! Campaign. Though I’m usually a silent spectator, I thrive on enthusiasm and enjoy every moment of my life and work. I love working at Saheli, helping sex workers get empowered. I’m dedicated to the cause of supporting their welfare and being positive so that they can make this organization sustainable in the coming years.

It might be difficult to live with HIV but through good care and getting ART drugs, IT IS POSSIBLE, YOU CAN LIVE WELL. I think one of the biggest issues is stigma and discrimination and we have to join hands to overcome that so Pune and its people can progress.

I LOVE : watching cricket. playing cricket. Anything cricket. the color blue. the rains. home food. My work.

Saheli is a non-profit organization, and is the first sex workers collective in Pune. Run exclusively by and for sex workers, Saheli works for acceptance of sex workers into civil society. sahelisangha@gmail.com http://sahelipune.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment