The eccentric one. A workaholic if you've ever met the worst kind. Superwoman saving the world? Hehe quite true! That's what I wanna do!! Star whiner! The Mastermind behind Take10! One of the 3
Campaign Coordinators! Hehe! Wait, did I just brag ?? Oops!! Well you know who to blame when things get f***ed up...

About me,
I guess I like putting stuff together - ideas! concepts! projects! teams!Compulsive workaholic that I am, you will rarely find me without my darling laptop Chez!
Yes, yes, I am the nerdy thinker - happy in my own mind. Well mostly. For an introvert I can be surprisingly loud and chirpy in company of people I love! Well , what did you expect? The Punjabi in me does surface every now and then ! Like in my love for food - good Panju food!! My indulgence?? Anything sweet baby! Or my OCD of dancing to Dhol no matter where I am!
HIV for me is not out there - but here, now and real. I have seen the faces behind those UNAIDS numbers - 6000 young people infected everyday - faces to those growing numbers. And a life to each face - dreams, quirks, vices, family, jobs, friends - a life as real as yours and mine. Stigma to me is not a concept - but a reality I have seen in the eyes of the HIV positive woman who's family left her alone to suffer. Its a reality I want to change. And that is why the Take10 Campaign! We, the youth of Pune, take responsibility for fighting the HIV in our city. We will break the silence and talk about HIV. We will change the stigma to acceptance - starting with ourselves, our families, our friends, our peers! And we'll do it our way - candid conversations! crazy posters! kick-ass blogs! real-time videos! quirky theater! And much more!!
We are the change we want in the city. Join us! Join the fight! Take10!
I LOVE : The Dhol & Punju Music. Jalebis. A good book. Sunshine. A good conversation. The Terrace. Starry Nights. Quirky Ideas. Stairways. To-do-Lists. Astrology & Occult. Writing. Art of Living.
more...
Wake up Pune launched in November 2006, it is a coalition of NGOs and representatives from civil society working to spread awareness about HIV and AIDS in the city of Pune, India
GYCA is an idea in formation by youth around the world working to curb the spread of the global HIV/AIDS pandemic and improve the conditions of those infected and affected .The coalition was proposed by youth worldwide, including the youth attendees of the XV International AIDS Conference in Bangkok and XIV International AIDS Conference in Barcelona.
No comments:
Post a Comment