Saturday, July 25, 2009

Meet the team - SANTOSH SALVE


I am Santaji Dada Salve (bet most of you didn’t know that was my real name, ha! ) better known as Santhosh or the santa man :D . I’m from Shrigonda, Ahmednagar and I’m the project supervisor on the DISHA (Deep griha’s Integrated Service for HIV and AIDS) project at Ramtekdi in Pune and now Campaign coordinator for Take10! as well. Even though I have a commerce background, I always had a keen interest in social work especially in rural areas.

I conduct the Marathi bootcamps and awareness sessions, and am pretty hardworking but my key skills are communication, networking, and acting !! I am an extrovert, who loves to learn while asking a lot of questions, and the lone man backbone of the DISHA women’s club.

I am a HIV positive person, everyone in Pune has to be positive about awareness, education, and support of PLHIV. I come from a village, a very small one and not many people know about HIV there, even I didn’t know till I joined DISHA but since then I’ve learnt a lot.

I LOVE : the skies. monsoons. my wife. learning new things. DGS. paneer. getting to know new people. street plays. DISHA


DISHA started in January 2005 is an HIV prevention, treatment, care and support programme, working not only within our regular target communities but also with the wider public in Pune.


No comments:

Post a Comment